HDFC Millennia Credit Card is for millennials who make regular online purchases and want good returns on their purchases. This credit card offers perks on popular brands like -amazon, Zomato, Flipkart, and others making it an excellent choice for online shopping. Although this credit card does not offer direct cash back but offers cash points for purchases made that can be utilized for a range of rewards. If you opt to purchase a brand that has a partnership with HDFC then you will earn good rewards on your transactions.
Key Highlights of HDFC Millennia Card –
|Suitability||Cashback and Online Shopping|
|HDFC Millennia credit card offers||1,000 rewards on the payment of membership|
|HDFC Millennia credit card limit of salary||Salaried: INR 35,000 p.m.
Self-employed: ITR>INR 6 lakh p.a.
|HDFC Millennia Credit Card Renewal Fee||INR 1,000|
HDFC Credit Card Benefits and Features –
Following are the benefits and features of HDFC credit card that members can avail of –
- Every month a cardholder can avail of INR 1000 in the form of cashback from 10 online merchants like – Amazon, Book My Show, and Cult. fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber, and Zomato
- Cardholders will get 1% cash back on all other transactions excluding fuels, including EMIs and wallet transactions, up to a maximum of 1000 per month.
- The cardholder will get a voucher of Rs1000 if he spends INR 1 lakh in a fiscal year.
- If a cardholder wants to make the card free for life, he has to spend INR 50,000 within 90 days of card activation.
- The annual fee will be waived based on the active smart pay. But in case the cardholder discontinues the membership of Smart Pay then he will be charged an annual fee immediately.
- Zero liability protection – Under this, the credit card holder would not be liable for any fraudulent activities that will take place in case of loss of the card if he informs the bank within 24 hours of such incident.
- Through the franchise program cardholders can avail of facilities of eight domestic lounges in a year.
- Cardholders will get dine-out offers of up to a 20% discount on partner restaurants.
- Waiver of 1% fuel cost up to INR 250 per billing cycle.
- Interest-free credit period – The Cardholder will get a 50-day credit fee period from the day of purchase.
HDFC Millennia Credit Card Annual Fee and Charges
The following processing fees and charges are linked to this credit card:
|Fee or Charge||Amount|
|Annual Charges||INR 1,000|
|Joining Charges||INR 1,000|
|Finance Charges||3.6% p.m. / 43.2% p.a.|
|Late Payment Fee||Less than INR 100: Nil
INR 100 to INR 500: INR 100
INR 501 to INR 5,000: INR 500
INR 5,001 to INR 10,000: INR 600
INR 10,001 to INR 25,000: INR 800
INR 25,001 to INR 50,000: INR 1,100
Over INR 50,000: INR 1,300
The following table illustrates the income-based and age-based eligibility criteria for HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card-
|Criteria||Salaried Employees||Self-Employed Individuals|
|Minimum Salary Requirement||Minimum INR 35,000 per month||Minimum INR 6,00,000 per annum (as per ITR)|
How to apply HDFC Millennia Credit Card:
Before hitting the HDFC Credit Card Apply button, let us know its online process by visiting the bank’s official website:
- You have to click on the Apply Now button at the top of the page.
- Then you will see the Signup button under Millennia Card, you have to click on that.
- After that, you will be automatically redirected to the HDFC credit card application page. By clicking on it, the application page will open you have to fill it with your proper information so that your application gets submitted.
Documents Required for HDFC Millennia Credit Card
Mentioned below is the list of documents required to apply for HDFC Millennia Credit Card:
- Driving license
- Voter’s ID
- Aadhaar Card
- Letter issued by National Population Register
Similar Credit Cards
Here are some other credit cards offering similar features:
|Credit Card Name||Characteristics|
|Cashback SBI Card||5% cashback on online spends, 1% cashback on other spends.|
|Standard Chartered Smart Credit Card||2% cashback on online spending.|
|Axis Bank ACE Credit Card||5% cashback on bill payment, mobile, and DTH recharge.|
|SBI SimplyClick Credit Card||10X reward points on purchases from partner brands such as Amazon, Apollo 24X7, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Eazydiner, Lenskart, and Netmeds.|
Drawbacks of HDFC Millennia Credit Card –
- Even when the card claims to offer rewards on EMI transactions, and wallets reload, the cash points are inclusively offered with the “other spend” category. Therefore, overall value benefits offered offline cannot be maximized especially, if you use EMI, wallet, and offline transactions at the same time.
- The upper limit set on cash points is pretty low at 1,000 cash points per cycle, per category. Thus, restriction earning, irrespective of spending.
- The cashback is earned in the next cycle, so it becomes difficult to keep track of how much you have earned.
- With time, HDFC has put more restrictions on redemption. Now you can only redeem a maximum of 3000 points as cashback. The maximum value you can earn is INR 3000 irrespective of how much you spend.
Who Should Get the Millennia Credit Card?
As the name suggests HDFC Millennia is for young dynamic people who plan to begin their credit journey and want to build a strong credit profile. Looking at customer needs bank offers good discounts on shopping from its partner websites like – Amazon and Flipkart.
- Is the HDFC Millennia card free for a lifetime?
The Millennia Credit Card is one of the best credit cards in India. It charges an annual fee of Rs1000 and provides you with amazing offers. With this card you can earn up to 5% cash back on spending, therefore you can save amazingly using this card.