Your healthy smile is one of the first things that gets noticed. However, so many people suffer from missing, stained, or broken teeth in Cypress, Texas which affects their look and appearance. Tooth loss can happen even at a young age. Therefore, to overcome this issue, dentures have become quite popular as a great solution for those who look for improving their look and smile.
With the latest technologies, dentures look very similar to your natural tooth. At Orion Dental Specialties, you will be provided with the best dentist Cypress TX who will take special care to meet your dental needs and would ensure your smile remains healthy and beautiful the rest of your life.
Whether you need just teeth cleaning, dentures, or even dental implants, it is easy with just a few clicks or a phone call to get an appointment with their office in Cypress, Texas. Their dentists are highly experienced with extensive knowledge in cosmetic, pediatric, prosthetics, implants, periodontics, and sedation dentistry.
If you have the problem of missing or crooked teeth look for an alternative to braces, check with Orion Dental Specialties for the right kind of cosmetic dentistry that can get you the beautiful smile you always wished for.
Reasons for tooth loss
There could be several reasons for teeth loss in young people:
- Gum disease
- Decaying of teeth
- Ectodermal Dysplasia is a genetic disorder that affects the teeth
- Reflux of stomach acid coming into the mouth or Gastrointestinal Reflux
Essentially, the biggest culprit of losing your teeth is sugar. This is why oral hygiene is very necessary to avoid plaque that leads to tooth decay.
Whatever might be the cause for teeth loss, dentures are the best long-term option that would help in relieving pain and give back your smile.
Kinds of Dentures
Dentures can be partial or complete. To decide the kind of dentures you need, the dentist will
- Examine your teeth
- Check how huge is the gap,
- The location
- If there are still teeth near it
- They will also check your jaw
- Then will suggest the best type of denture suitable for you.
Partial dentures are used if many teeth are missing, but few are still intact. They are like replacement teeth that are attached to a plastic base and look like your gums.
Partial dentures also come in a metal or more natural-looking framework that is attached to your teeth. Depending on what your requirements are, a good Cypress TX dentist will design the correct partial denture for your mouth.
Complete or fixed dentures
These are usually made of plastic and replace all your teeth in either your upper and lower jaw or both. They rest on the gums and are flesh-colored. Your dentist will make a mold according to your mouth size so that your dentures feel comfortable and snug. They look just like your natural teeth and give you a natural and healthy smile.
If you invest in a complete set of dentures, your lower dentures rest on your gums and get secured on those gums and jawbone. The suction formed between the dentures and the roof of your mouth keeps the upper dentures in place.
Depending on the condition of your oral health, both sets of dentures can be either made partial or fixed.
Getting adjusted with dentures
You might start experiencing some discomfort as you start wearing your dentures as it takes some time to get used to them. At times, it might take a few weeks or months to get adjusted with dentures.
Just follow a few tips and you will get used to living with dentures.
- Initially, your dentures might feel loose or bulky in your mouth which is completely normal
- There will be increased salivation while speaking or eating
- Eat soft food
- Avoid eating hard, sticky or chewy foods as they don’t mix well with the dentures
- Practice speaking like reading the newspaper loudly
- With time the muscles in your mouth will adjust to dentures and your speech will also improve.
Taking care of dentures
Taking care of your dentures is quite simple as it is just like taking care of your regular teeth.
- Clean your dentures with toothpaste everyday
- If you are wearing removable dentures, then wash them with warm water and clean them with a toothbrush after every meal.
- There are special toothbrushes and tablets available to clean, disinfect and protect your dentures.
- Clean all areas of your mouth while brushing
- Soak your dentures when you are not wearing them to avoid wrapping
If you have recently got your dentures and normal eating or biting is causing pain then seek the help of a good dentist near me in Cypress, Texas. Get your dentures adjusted to avoid any kind of pain or discomfort.
Dentures restore the strength and confidence of your smile. Professional care needs to be maintained at least every six months in a good dental clinic.
Just follow the guidelines of your dentist on how to take care of your dentures properly. This will ensure you get a white, radiant, and healthy smile for many years to come.